FOX4 Kansas City, Tribune Media, Multimedia Journalist. December 2017 – Present
- Covering breaking and general assignment news daily.
- Writing, editing, and presenting VOSOTs and packages.
- Maintaining and engaging in social media with viewers through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Interact with a social media following of 8,000 viewers.
- Shooting video and maintaining equipment.
- Finding and pitching stories.
- Writing for the web.
KFVS News, Raycom Media, Multimedia Journalist. November 2015 – November 2017
Reporting on stories throughout Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, Eastern Tennessee, and Clay County, Arkansas.
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, Intern. Summer 2014
Assisting the Los Angeles office with news stories through the season.
KRON4, Production Assistant. September 2013 – November 2015
Assisting production for the 8 and 11pm newscasts on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Editing video for VO, SOT, teases and packages.
- Writing for newscasts.
- Upload and check video to ensure it is ready for air.
- Preparing basic graphics. Lower thirds, banners, etc.
- Finding newsworthy stories for assignments.
KRON4, Intern. Summer, 2013
For completion of my Multimedia Journalism Certificate with City College of San Francisco I am interning with KRON Channel 4 in their News Room.
- Answering phones, directing calls, evaluating news stories.
- Confirming information with police and different companies, agencies, and sources.
- Research on breaking news and current stories.
- Shadowing field reporters in the field on a variety of stories. Assisting them with research and the production of packages.
- News writing as needed.
KTVU Fox 2, Intern. Spring 2013.
For completion of my Multimedia Journalism Certificate with City College of San Francisco I interned with KTVU Fox 2 in their News Room.
- Answering phones and directing calls.
- Printing, organizing, and ensuring quality of all scripts.
- Assisting the News Room for the 5, 6, and 7PM Nightly News.
- Assisting Field Reporters with video or media for their news packages.
- Routing information to appropriate writers, producers, and reporters in regards to current projects.
San Francisco State University
BA in Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts. 2015.
Emphasis in Writing and Performance for Electronic Media.
City College of San Francisco
Certificate in Multimedia Journalism. 2013.
Diablo Valley College
AA. General Studies. 2011.
History of Broadcasting, TV Studio Production.